Thursday, March 6, 2014

Range/fuel consumption in colder weather

I asked a simple question on GM-Volt.com regarding the Volt's range/fuel economy in very cold winter weather, and under normal driving conditions. There are lots of ways to cheat the system (ex. replacing the Volt's outdoor temperature sensor to avoid ERDTT) but I just wanted to know how the Volt handles a properly heated cabin (i.e. Comfortable) and no hypermiling. Apparently it handles things really well, with battery power allowing 30+ Km while on winter tires and heavier steel wheels. This is perfect for me since my commute is 8km each way and I will have a charging station (Schneider Electric of course :) ) at our new site. I am glad that even without charging I can do a full commute in pure comfort. I just wish I had the Volt to confirm it!

No comments:

Post a Comment